Thinking of Myself
So here I am on vacation in the great white north and I've noticed something about myself... (small disclaimer: I'm not depressed. Just thinking.)
Me, me, me, me, me - there are 6 billion people on the planet and the one I can't stop thinking about is me! (thought spurred by Blue Like Jazz). How I look , what I sound like, what others think of me, what kind of mom I am, and even what kind of Christian I am. Me, me, me.
And then I get angry when people intrude on me and my plans or my timetable. Surely since I think so highly of me, they should too!
I wrestle with getting "me-time". I ask the question "why me?". Every mirror I pass reminds me of me and every self-help book screams to me of how I can be a better me. (Lovely - just what I need. To focus on me to make myself better!)
My thought life revolves around me. I am the hero of all my fantasies. I think about how I would like this or that or how I don't care for this or that or what I would look like wearing such and such.
Me, me, me, me, me. Even my altuistic moments are filled with me (because I'm prety cool because of what I just did!)
I love those who love me. I want my friends and family to understand me. I want them to love me!
So what is this me? Is it a smeagol (sp?) -like character in me? So warped and bent and grabby that it resembles nothing of its original self? Sneaky, coniving, only interested in its own wants - it attacks and devours. "I wants it....it's mine!"
So, is there any help for a me who wants to stop being a me, but isn't sure what me's become when they are sick of being me?
Oh me, oh my!
(no need to respond....me, myself and I are on vacation) :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home