A conversation, a dialogue between friends trying to understand "how to be a Christian" together. A discussion in which we reserve the right to recant and not believe what we've written here and thus, take ourselves as seriously as a cow's opinion.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Too Much and Not Enough

I woke up this morning feeling...disjointed, churned, brooding, bothered... but I didn't know by what. So as I groggily stumbled out of bed, my funk and I began to participate in the morning office, and the daily readings for today. Then I was simutaneously convicted by something Audra commented on yesterday, my wandering thoughts, and the gospel reading from Sunday's morning office. And these thoughts are what poured out of me:

I talk too much (and listen not enough)
I don't trust God enough (and trust money too much)
I want too much (and am content not enough)
I give not enough (and hold on to "my stuff" too much)
I think of myself too much (and of my God not enough)

I am too much and not enough at the same time! Will I ever journey on in this Kingdom or will I just stand at the gates and make observations and comments about what it's like inside?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett Berger said...

you are. it's just hard to see sometimes.

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home